[OS X TeX] TeXShop autocompletion behaviour

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jul 11 21:42:26 CEST 2010

On Jul 11, 2010, at 12:22 AM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Herb suggested a fix to the command completion bug reported by Alan Munn. The fix seems to
> work here, so I made a silent update to my web page. The version of TeXShop there now
> should fix the bug.
>
> The source code has, of course, also been updated.
>
> Dick Koch

Howdy,

Sigh... One little thing. Since the string will not be defined in the plist from older versions of TeXShop the use of the alternate keys will be turned off by default (i.e., the string is not "YES") and must be turned on by using

defaults write TeXShop CommandCompletionAlternateMarkShortcut YES

for those versions. Not a big deal but that is what the documentation should say.

Outside of that changing the value of that string via `defaults write` works fine now.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)