[OS X TeX] Latexian: A LaTeX Editor for Mac OS X

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Thu Jul 8 15:57:00 CEST 2010

On Jul 8, 2010, at 9:44 AM, David Derbes wrote:

> First, there's Allan Odgaard's TextMate. It's a terrific editor, but version 2 may simply never appear. The auxiliary bundles written by Allan and the TextMate community greatly facilitate its use with LaTeX and just about every programming language under the sun. I use it infrequently with Python, and really never with LaTeX.

I saw a posting on Twitter just a couple of days ago assuring the world that TextMate 2 is coming, though it was from a person who I did not know was associated with TextMate. I will believe it when I see it.

> Then there's Textures. I am reluctant to plop down the asking price (or even half of it) when its development seems, well, glacial.

The development of Textures defines a new category of slow. I have given up on Textures and I wish Blue Sky would just give up too. The 10th anniversary of Mac OS X is quickly approaching and the people at Blue Sky are *still* working on a release for Mac OS X. What have they been doing the past 10 years to pay the bills? :-)

-- Gary