[OS X TeX] Latexian: A LaTeX Editor for Mac OS X

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jul 8 15:15:37 CEST 2010

On Jul 7, 2010, at 11:01 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> Has anyone else tried this new TeX editor and previewer?
>
> http://tacosw.com/latexian/
>
> It's not bad and works right out of the box for me. It doesn't yet support the TeXShop syntax:
>
> %!TEX root =
>
> but I have emailed the author asking for it. The dev(s) appear to be open to input, so you might want to have a look.
>
> -- Gary

Howdy,

Looks pretty nice. Does it support building new ``engines?'' The one thing that will definitely keep me from trying and using it is that it will be a commercial product; I can get wonderful editors that do (almost?) everything I need (I know there are features that others want/need) that are Open Software.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)