[OS X TeX] shades around images in TexShop

Amar pamarnathsharma at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 03:55:09 CEST 2010

I attached two images, one is the actual image I am using and another
shows how these borders appear in the document. The image file doesn't
have these borders or shades. They appear when I use in the document. This
is how I place the images in the document :

\begin{figure}[ht]
\begin{minipage}[b]{0.5\linewidth}
\centering
\includegraphics[width=2.4in,height=1.4in]{Results/divergingnozzle/divergingnozzle.png}
\caption{Diverging nozzle design}
\label{fig:diverging}
\end{minipage}
\begin{minipage}[b]{0.5\linewidth}
\centering
\includegraphics[width=2.3in,height=1.4in]{Results/straightnozzle/straightnozzle.png}
\caption{Straight nozzle design}
\label{fig:straight}
\centering
\end{minipage}
\end{figure}

I don't know if those things are borders or shadows. Thanks for the reply
:) ....

Amarnatha S Potturi