[OS X TeX] csv2latex

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 01:08:15 CET 2010

On Jan 30, 2010, at 5:07 PM, Alan Munn wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2010, at 4:14 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>

>> On Jan 30, 2010, at 3:23 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>>

>>> I checked it again. Other than the fact that LaTeX claimed it
>>> needed a $, and after I hit Enter a few times, it worked
>>> beautifully. I mean really nice.
>>
>> I checked it again. Still very nice. What happened is that the
>> table involved decimal numbers and, as soon as I enclosed them in
>> $$, LaTeX stopped complaining.
>
> Something else must have been wrong with your source; decimal
> numbers shouldn't cause a problem.
>>
>> I don't know if this is possible, but it would be nice if
>> csv2latex did this automatically as it is always a bit unnerving
>> when the console shows up.
>
> Can you contact me off the list with a small sample of the Excel
> file and what you did to get it to crash?  My quick test produces
> no problem with decimals in the table.

I did and, of course, I should have known.

Munn pointed out that what had stopped LaTeX was my use of the name
Clean_Pble in the spreadsheet.

The irony is that this was an old file that just happened to be handy
and, in fact, I now use systematically names like CleanPble.

I love csv2latex.

Embarrassed and apologetic regards
--schremmer