[OS X TeX] More help migrating machines

R. Vijay Krishna rvk at email.unc.edu
Sat Jan 30 04:40:21 CET 2010

On Jan 29, 2010, at 3:44 PM, Chris Goedde wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Thanks to Herb and Peter.
>
> My first problem seemed to resolve itself after rebooting. Now onto the second problem, re-enabling the lucida fonts. I have everything installed under ~/Library/... and I only care about enabling them for myself, so I ran
>
> updmap --enable Map=lucidabr.map
> updmap --enable Map=lumath.map
>
> which I thought was the right thing to do. But pdftex doesn't find the fonts, it still tries to run mktexpk. So what step am I missing, or what did I do wrong?
>
> Chris
> -

Hi Chris,

I think the problem may be your use of updmap.  If I am not mistaken, the map file being used is in ~/.texlive2009/.  (As Herb Schulz suggested to me some time earlier)

Remove ~/.texlive2009 using

sudo rm -fr ~/.texlive2009

and then the correct map file should be found.

Then run

sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map lucidabr.map

Hope that works.

Vijay