[OS X TeX] Problem with TLU and .map

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Wed Jan 20 23:43:36 CET 2010

Le 20 janv. 2010 à 20:18, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> Howdy,
>
> What exactly is the name of the map file ... I see CONCRETE.MAP and CONCRETE.map.

it's CONCRETE.MAP but I think i can change this

> Also, please try to put the map into /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/ rather than the .../pdftex/ sub-directory.
>
> If
>
> kpsewhich CONCRETE.map
>
> is really returning nothing then you better actually go and check to make sure the map is there!

with

> 	updmap --syncwithtrees
> 	updmap --enable Map=CONCRETE.MAP

 it's fine

I see this line

updmap: using map file `/usr/local/texlive/2009/../texmf-local/fonts/map/pdftex/CONCRETE.MAP'

An dI can compile the example of the laTeX Companion

and with

$ updmap --listavailablemaps

Thanks Peter for this ! I get

at the end

Map ccicons.map
Map gptimes.map
Map knitfont.map
Map CONCRETE.MAP

So it's fine but kpsewhich CONCRETE.MAP gives no result !

Best regards

Alain