[OS X TeX] kpsewhich not finding default TEXMFHOME

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Wed Jan 20 19:45:30 CET 2010

Hi.

I just installed MacTeX from the October 2009 TeX collection, while still keeping my old (2008) installation around, to play it safe.
I'm now finding that kpsewhich doesn't seem to know that TEXMFHOME is ~/texmf.  Note the following
	$ export TEXMFHOME=~/texmf
	$ kpsewhich review.sty
	/Users/agw/texmf/tex/latex/review.sty
Admittedly, it's no big deal to add
	export TEXMFHOME=~/texmf
to my .bashrc file.  But I wouldn't expect kpsewhich to need this; in particular, I didn't need this with earlier installations.

Suggestions?

Art Werschulz
207 Stoughton Avenue, Cranford  NJ 07016-2838
(908) 272-1146