[OS X TeX] OT: gnutar 1.22

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Thu Jan 14 07:53:56 CET 2010

Le 13 janv. 2010 à 16:56, Alex Hamann a écrit :

> Sorry for sending this OT message. I am asking this here since I know many people are skilled compilers here.
> I'd be happy to take this issue to a more appropriate list if someone would be so kind to suggest one to me.
>
> Has anyone been able to build gnutar 1.22 on Snow Leopard?  I just don't seem to get through the compiling process without the "sudo make install" step producing errors.

Hi

I   compile gnutar without problem
with only defauts option (snow leopard 10.6.2)

./configure
make
sudo make install

and

/usr/local/bin/tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.22
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.

What are the errors ?

I have only one problem. I don't get tar.pdf but it's perhaps an option

Best regards

Alain Matthes