[OS X TeX] Multiple-page editing

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Jan 13 07:52:03 CET 2010

Hi Alain,

On 13/01/2010, at 5:18 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

>> The problem occurs when you typeset in the two-page format, and
>> the last page of the display shows up as a single page.
>>
>> What I do is put
>>
>> "\vfill\eject"
>>
>> just before "\end{document}"
>>
>> This puts a blank page at the end of the document and keeps the
>> two-page format. Then when you have finished the manuscript (which
>> more me never happens) you can remove it.
>>
>> You might want to put  "\vfill\eject" in twice to  sure.
>
> I didn't know these commands, though, and I will have to try them
> to see exactly how they do work.

Neither need you know them.

LaTeX has  \clearpage  and \cleardoublepage .
One of these should suffice to achieve a blank page at the end
of a section or chapter.

If you are using a {book} document-class, then these occur
automatically between chapters and appendices.
However, you need to specify it yourself at the very end,
if that is what you want.

(Of course these commands ultimately place  \vfill\eject ,
after having worked out the need for an appropriate number
of them --- one or two. )

> Grateful regards
> --schremmer

Hope this helps,