[OS X TeX] Keeping TeX installations synchronized between machines

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 00:24:51 CET 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 5:15 PM, M. Tamer Özsu wrote:

> But you are assuming that everyone is using TeXShop as their front-
> end for latex processing and Bibtex for managing their
> bibliographies. This is not the case; there are many who use emacs
> or other front-ends and for them, ~/Library/TeXShop or ~/Library/
> Application Support/BibDesk. What you are proposing would require
> all tex and related software developers to agree to a single
> location, which is unlikely.

Actually, I'm assuming the opposite, which is why I think it would be
great for the user if the MacTeX people and the developers of various
tex-related apps agreed on a common location for support files. Do
people really think the current situation is better than having all
the support files in subfolders of ~/Library/Application Support/TeX?
Why?

Anyway, it's not worth arguing about, it's just a suggestion.

Chris