[OS X TeX] Keeping TeX installations synchronized between machines

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 02:17:08 CET 2010

On Jan 4, 2010, at 5:17 PM, M. Tamer Özsu wrote:

> I use Dropbox for this purpose. Works like a charm.

Can you elaborate? What part(s) do you synchronize, and how? What do
you do when you don't have internet access?

The problem from my point of view is the way various things are
scattered in different folders. I use rsync to synchronize my home and
work desktops, which works great, but for TeX I have to specify a
number of different places to synchronize.

Maybe this would be a good request for the MacTeX people: Would it be
possible to organize all the user-specific files for everything in
MacTeX in one place, like ~/Library/MacTeX or ~/Documents/MacTex? This
would require some coordination with some developers, but I think it
would be a great feature.

Chris