[OS X TeX] Problem with TexLive Utility

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jan 3 15:33:32 CET 2010

On Jan 2, 2010, at 5:40 PM, jacques dubucs wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>

> I have TL 09, which works quite fine (standard installation at
> /usr/local/texlive/2009; TL '08 has been removed; my Mac is OS X 5.8)

Howdy,

If you really installed via TeX Live Installer there was no update to the the /Library/TeX/ structure for the TeX Distribution Preference Pane and /usr/texbin/ may still be pointing to the wrong distribution. What does the the TeX Distribution Preference Pane list as the active distribution?

Do you have a bunch of environment variables set in a .profile or .bash_profile (for bash) or .cshrc file (csh) in your $HOME directory?

If that is what happened, my advice would be to get the MacTeX distribution, <http://www.tug.org/mactex/2009/>, and install that over your installation. You should also remove any of the TeX related environment variables in your shell initialization files since all of that, as well as PATH setting, is set by MacTeX at a lower level.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)