[OS X TeX] cmr8 not in mapping file

Chris Skeels Chris.Skeels at unimelb.edu.au
Sat Jan 2 04:31:56 CET 2010

On 2/1/10 2:21 PM, "David Arnold" <dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net> wrote:

> However, the symlink option is interesting because it seems
> more permanent and perhaps something that the Texlive people can address

As far as I can see, Herb's point that this is not a TeXLive issue is
correct.  It is a MacTeX issue and, even then, only because MacTeX includes
Ghostscript in the distribution and it would clearly be best if all the
pieces of MacTeX played nicely together.  You seem to have found an instance
where they don't especially and everything I have seen by way of a solution
suggests that it should be relatively simple to make the problem go away
which is the point that I tried to make earlier.  Beyond that I remain a
grateful beneficiary of all the hard work of those who actually put MacTeX
together and hope that my earlier comment didn't imply otherwise.

Cheers, Chris