[OS X TeX] cmr8 not in mapping file

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jan 2 02:56:32 CET 2010

On Jan 1, 2010, at 6:31 PM, Chris Skeels wrote:

> But Ghostscript is part of MacTeX and the original post in this thread
> started with the line:
>
>> Had to reinstall Mactex.
>
> So maybe there is scope for something to be done in the longer run to avoid
> a problem such as this arising again.
>
> Cheers, Chris
>
> On 2/1/10 8:28 AM, "Herbert Schulz" <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 1, 2010, at 3:15 PM, David Arnold wrote:
>>
>>> Peter,
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> I'm curious why the people who craft texlive don't handle this situation in
>>> the distribution. As far as I can remember, this has been a longstanding
>>> problem that certainly has a history at our school, where we would have to
>>> set up GSView to find the fonts needed to display a metapost file (maybe
>>> Untitled.1) with the correct fonts. Maybe this problem is ignored because
>>> mptopdf seems to take care of all of this without problem.
>>>
>>> D.
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Probably because Ghostscript has nothing to do with TeX Live.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

My point still stands since TeX Live was mentioned when Ghostscript was meant. As Karl has shown it is in fact something that has to do with metapost and its ConTeXt ``roots'' and is easily solved by eliminating an input. So, in some way it has to do with TeX Live rather than anything to do with Ghostscript; i.e., there is no need to change Ghostscript at all.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)