[OS X TeX] cmr8 not in mapping file

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Fri Jan 1 22:15:57 CET 2010

Peter,

Thanks.

I'm curious why the people who craft texlive don't handle this situation in the distribution. As far as I can remember, this has been a longstanding problem that certainly has a history at our school, where we would have to set up GSView to find the fonts needed to display a metapost file (maybe Untitled.1) with the correct fonts. Maybe this problem is ignored because mptopdf seems to take care of all of this without problem.

D.