[OS X TeX] some questions on Texshop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jan 1 01:07:05 CET 2010

On Dec 31, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Per Ting wrote:

> Thanks Herb and Adam,
>
> Herb, The macro you sent works fine except that when the file opens it has a strange gray background and different color highlighting from  the root file, is there a way to change this behavior? Also when I type \cite{ on my MacBook Pro and hit F5 it prompts me for increasing screen luminance, it does not open Bibdesk. This must be somethong new in Macbook pros. Is there a way to change this.
>
> Adam, hitting opt+Esc after \cite{ works fine but I prefer if F5 can open Bibdesk and brings it to front. I can do a better search from my large bib file then,

Howdy,

I've never seen that happen. The file opened via the macro looks the same on my system.

On MacBook (Pros) the ``Function Keys'' are mapped, by default, to the symbols on the left of the keys. To make them act as function keys you hold down the `fn' key at the lower left of the keyboard. You can reverse this behavior by going to System Preferences->Keyboard->Keyboard and check the Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)