[OS X TeX] Experimental TeXShop 2.32

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Feb 24 02:18:49 CET 2010

On Feb 23, 2010, at 3:59 PM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 23 févr. 2010 à 21:32, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
>>

>> On Feb 23, 2010, at 12:43 PM, Richard Koch wrote:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I put an experimental version 2.32 on the web. It is not announced on my web page, but you can get it at
>>>
>>> 	www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop2.32.zip
>>>
>>> If you decide to experiment, I suggest making a copy of ~/Library/TeXShop, just in case.
>
> Hi
>
> Why ~/Library/TeXShop instead of  ~/Library/Application Support/TeXShop ?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Alain Matthes

Howdy,

TeXShop came out quite a bit BEFORE any of these ``conventions'' were established. The choice of putting things in ~/Library/ rather than ~ was made with due diligence. It isn't going to change now! finally, lots of documentation, etc., that exists on the net assumes things are in ~/Library/TeXShop/; e.g., I'd have to re-write all the latexmk engines, etc., to get it going ig the TeXshop folder changed directories. LOTS of good things will just stop working properly.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)