[OS X TeX] New Macros, new Engines, new TeXShop versions, and all that

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Feb 22 01:36:54 CET 2010

TeXShop is the only application that I know which offers a comparable macro facility where the user can attach his own key short-cuts to a macro. David's proposal which you seem to support would require that TS offers two separate macro facilities a default set where the user can only temporarily attach  key short-cuts (up to the next update) and a user defined set.

I guess this would be feasible but the failure to assign sticking key short-cuts plus the additional effort in writing the code raises the question if the trouble would be worth the gains. In my humble opinion definitely not, especially since the alternative (I only have the naive user in mind since the other users are apparently a negligible quantity) only requires that the user deletes a certain folder whenever the software has been updated, and even this task can be automated to avoid any demands which could be deemed as being excessive.

Claus

P.S.: I happen to dislike scrolling to the bottom of a message before I can read the new text though it would never occur to me to ask others to top-post their messages.