[OS X TeX] OT: kile LaTeX editor on OSX?

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Feb 9 20:25:01 CET 2010

On 10/02/2010, at 8:03 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2010, at 12:50 PM, Joachim Osnabryg wrote:
>
>> Sorry,
>> this will be regarded off-topic, because a matter of a special
>> frontend for LaTeX. But:
>>
>> Given that most of you are working on Mac-OSX, I hope to reach
>> somebody who has with success installed the kde-frontent for LaTeX,
>> kile 2.1b
>> on Mac-OSX. I tried it wihout success yet.
>>
>> So if somebody of you has installed kile 2 (which requires kde4
>> desktop elements) on Mac-OSX, especially on 10.4 Tiger, please give
>> me notice, perhaps better with PM.
>>
>> Thankful in advance,
>> joachim
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Take a look at <http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20071024061901344
> >.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Useful. So that provides instructions to do what I suggested. Run it
under a X windowing system and install the necessary KDE libraries.
The only thing I wouldn't do is use Fink but that is because i would
prefer to do the installations myself rather than end up with a
parallel directory structure in my system.

So far as I am aware there have been no efforts to port Kile to OS X
and given the quality of the current OS X editors, little point.

Alan