[OS X TeX] extrange error

Sr Sur igaoss at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 01:24:58 CET 2010

I´m totally Agree with you Alan!!,

Work with Corel is not the best choice.... but is the choice of my actual
Lab.... I must to learn Ilustrator.

"Ouch. If it had been known that you are using raster images and not vector
art most responses will have been different. Corel Draw images, in my
experience, include data that processors such as Ghostscript do not like.
These are proprietary postscript code that enables such things as multiple
pages within the eps file."

In otheer hand, fortunately I didn't have problems with the .eps conversion
with corel v.11.

"Now, I am going to assume your images are not in colour and that they use
an RGB colour space. First thing to do is to take them into an image editing
program such as Photoshop and convert the eps images to greyscale. This will
remove up to two thirds of the image payload. If they are colour however,
then leave them as is. Set your print resolution at this this point too."

The mimages that I imported to Corel are in grey scale I mange them with
Photoshop. When Iimport  a figure to the .eps with corel it is possible to
choose Grey scale 8 bits and CMYK (to print) at least in version 11  if I
don´t have a mistake.

"Herb has suggested an easy route or you can use Preview, or you can open
the files in a program, select File>Print and from the print dialog select
Save As PDF."

I thought that this way made a output with lower resolution .pdf in
comparition with distiller... I'll Take it in account!!! :)

The problem with the bit maps is that depending on the extension if you open
and save the file in other extension you are lossing resolution in each
step....

I'll work with PDF's and pdftex... that in other hand is faster than DVI+TEX
script.....

Thanks Alan!!!

Atte: Sr. Sur