[OS X TeX] [TeXShop] input file and master doc compilation

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Feb 3 23:46:49 CET 2010

Am 03.02.2010 um 23:34 schrieb Sylvain CHAMBON:

> this chapter file is not indeed a tex document, just a piece of text.

There seems to exist a texnique to dump a special FMT. AUCTeX is set
up to work in a similiar, but I don't know whether the (La)TeX file
needs to have the necessary preamble plus \begin and \end of
{document). I doubt that it can work to leave these statements away...

Why can't you just comment the chapters/files you've already finished
in your master document? Then you can easily recompile it time after
time.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night, but set a man on
fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.