[OS X TeX] Xelatex fontspec Texshop and command line

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Dec 19 21:54:36 CET 2010

On Dec 19, 2010, at 2:37 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 19.12.2010 um 21:23 schrieb Curiouslearn:
>
>> The following minimal example compiles fine if I run Xelatex in
>> TexShop. However, if I run
>>
>>   xelatex filename.tex
>>
>> from command line then I get an error and no pdf file is produced. Can
>> someone please help me understand what is happening?
>>
>> I ran
>>
>>   which xelatex
>>
>> at the command line to find which xelatex is being called. It outputs:
>>
>>   usr/texbin/xelatex
>

> When TeXShop and you are using the *same command*, then it cannot happen that the *same command* produces different results for the *same file*. Except, maybe, the environments in which the command runs are a bit different...
>
> So: Check also TeXShop's preference settings! (And please include the error message and some context around it next time!)
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete

Howdy,

Sorry, I don't have Cambria so I substituted Code2000. Given that it compiles exactly the same way within TeXShop and via Terminal.

By the way the, the default xelatex command called within TeXShop is

xelatex  -file-line-error -synctex=1 "file.tex"

so just running xelatex alone,

xelatex file.tex

should work just fine but not produce a synctex.gz file and not add more information about errors which TeXshop uses to go to errors in the source from the log information.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)