[OS X TeX] Name update for generated files?

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 23:33:24 CET 2010

I was typing up the final exam for the course I am teaching this
semester using TeXShop. After a few runs of compilations, I noticed
that I carelessly named the file "123_FInal.tex" [with a capital "I"
(eye)] instead of the correct one "123_Final.tex" with i. The 123 is
just the course number. I changed the file name to the correct one,
and continued compiling. The other generated files (.pdf ...) however
did not update their file name even after compiling (the content
certainly was updated). I quit TeXShop and started again but it's the
same. I had to manually deleted all generated files and started a
fresh compilation to get the file names right. Is this a quirk of the
Mac file system (OS 10.6.5) or TeXShop?

JT