[OS X TeX] Re: Latexian 1.0 Released

Claus Gerhardt claus.gerhardt at uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Dec 9 19:06:50 CET 2010

BBEdit and TextEdit (the newer versions) can detect the encoding of a plain text file when opening it and they are using the corresponding encoding when saving the file. In TextEdit's preferences the default encoding should be set to automatic.

Hence, TeXShop and other editors could have the same capabilities though a slight rewriting of the code might be necessary. The Developer's Documentation offers some references.

Claus