[OS X TeX] Troubles compiling in Terminal

Jesper Duemose Nielsen jesperduemose at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 08:36:29 CET 2010

Hello folks,
I am having troubles compiling my .tex files using Terminal and the
command "pdflatex". It works all fine when compiling with texshop, but
when I try to do it manually I get the following message:

Last login: Thu Dec  9 08:24:14 on ttys000
ip-23-119:~ Jesper$ pdflatex sppensumoversigt.tex
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (TeX Live 2010)
  restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
! I can't find file `sppensumoversigt.tex'.
<*> sppensumoversigt.tex

(Press Enter to retry, or Control-D to exit)
Please type another input file name:

I tried typing the entire path as well (users/Jesper/Desktop/
sppensumoversigt/sppensumoversigt.tex), but the same error occurs. I
don't if I am typing the file/path name incorrectly or what could
cause the problem?

Regards,
Jesper