[OS X TeX] Re: Latexian 1.0 Released

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Thu Dec 9 06:17:04 CET 2010

Le 9 déc. 2010 à 02:37, Juan Luis Varona a écrit :

>>> In particular, the use of "%!TEX encoding" is very useful to share
>>> documents written in a language different to English.
>>> It avoids a lot of problems.
>>
>> ???? I work 12 hours per day with pdftex, latex and textmate without these
>> lines of codes and I'm alive
>>

> Yes, but if you must deal with non-English files done by other people,
> and continue to editing it by several persons (not all of them experts),
> "%!TEX encoding" is very useful to avoid the chaos of mixtures of encodings
> in the same file.
>
> Yours,
>
> Juan Luis

 I work with french or english files but I use only UTF8.
I don't understand why "%!TEX encoding" is very useful to avoid the chaos of mixtures of encodings
in the same file? For me it's the chaos to mix several encodings.

If you put %!TEX encoding = ...  you can mix encodings? I never try that but if you are right
 is very fine. Perhaps I need to read something about %!TEX ...

Best Regards

Alain Matthes