[OS X TeX] Custom keyboard shortcuts in texshop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Dec 6 14:45:33 CET 2010

On Dec 6, 2010, at 6:31 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> I assigned command-D as a keyboard shortcut for Edit/Check Spelling While Typing in Texshop. The shortcut shows in the Edit menu but when I first launch TS and open a document, the shortcut is dead, i.e., TS beeps when I type it and nothing happens. If I click on the Edit menu once and then return to the TS document (without clicking anything else on the Edit menu), the shortcut comes alive and works for the rest of the TS session.  This behavior is reproducible upon quitting and relaunching TS.   Changing the shortcut to a different keyboard combination makes no difference. Any ideas why the shortcut does not work right away? I am on TS Version 2.37 (2.37).
>
> Themis

Howdy,

I'm not sure why this is happening unless Cmd-D is set up for another command and there is some interference. Could you try something a bit more obscure, like Opt-Cmd-; or Ctl-Cmd-; (to match the Cmd-; to check spelling)? My tendency when adding keyboard shortcuts is to try to use things that won't interfere with OS usage, the simple commands, and make them a bit more obscure.

Also, what version of the OS are you using?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)