[OS X TeX] EPS to PDF conversion fails in graphicx (but not in preview)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Dec 3 21:49:32 CET 2010

Am 03.12.2010 um 18:02 schrieb Themis Matsoukas:

> I have followed the various suggestions. The question remains,
> however, that the problematic eps file is converted properly by
> preview but not by epstopdf. Here is a more recent version of that
> file. This version was annotated heavily in AI and, paradoxically,
> epstopdf converts it properly, unlike the earlier version. This too
> contains Adobe garbage but, apparently, not toxic enough to give
> eps2pdf a bad stomach.

Themis,

it's not a question of complexity of the image or the PostScript code.
The problem is that the *obvious* PostScript code ends and *obvious*
garbage starts, as this screenshot shows: