[OS X TeX] Cocoaspell does not know common words

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Sat Aug 28 01:45:31 CEST 2010

On Fri 27th Aug, 2010 at 17:34, Herbert Schulz seems to have written:

> On Aug 27, 2010, at 9:15 AM, <cfrees at imapmail.org> <cfrees at imapmail.org> wrote:

>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> I believe that's one supplied by Apple and not used by CocoAspell.
>>>
>> Has Apple altered its policy for Leopard/Snow Leopard? In previous OS
>> versions, Apple didn't install under /usr/local at all that I'm aware
>> of. Neither did Apple supply aspell.
>>
>> I've got /usr/local/bin/aspell but that's something I installed myself.
>> It doesn't cause issues for me with CocoAspell. On the other hand, I
>> seem to have reverted from 0.60.6 to 0.60.4 although I cannot now
>> remember why I did this.
>>
>> Best,
>> cfr
>
> Howdy,
>
> I don't know if CocoAspell or Apple installed it or not but I've got /usr/local/bin/aspell that is version 0.6.5:

Of the two, CocoAspell is much more likely. I don't have Leopard or
Snow Leopard but I'm pretty sure Apple don't install under /usr/local/
in any version of OS X. (Apple sometimes make some... odd... decisions
but this would be so obviously misguided that I'd hope it would not
even be considered.)

Best,
cfr