[OS X TeX] unable to use makebst

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Thu Aug 26 12:23:35 CEST 2010

Hi Paul,

Le 2010-08-26 à 01:50, Paul McCann a écrit :

> Denis Chabot wrote:
>
>> echo $PATH
>> /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin :/usr/X11/bin
>
> I think your problem's right there. Kill the space after /usr/texbin
> (in whatever file you've set your PATH in. Probably one of
> .bash_profile or .bashrc or .profile.)
>
> Open a new terminal window and you should be OK.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

this worked!! Thanks.

I must have screwed up when following these instructions in FAQ QM.10:
"
	• Upgrading to Snow Leopard may remove /usr/texbin from your default PATH. If so, fix the problem by creating a text file named TeX with contents
/usr/texbin

and then moving this file to /etc/paths.d. One way to create the file is to use "cat" in Terminal as follows:
cd
cd Desktop
cat > TeX
/usr/texbin

and then type control-D to complete the command. Now move this file to /etc/paths.d as follows
sudo cp TeX /etc/paths.d
"
Denis