[OS X TeX] Re: The microtype mystery

Josep Maria Font jmfont at ub.edu
Wed Aug 18 12:39:20 CEST 2010

El 18/08/2010, a las 04:34, Adam M. Goldstein escribió:

> Do send something back to the list if there's anything interesting to report. I am curious if it's due to microtype. Since it looks like it's not being loaded at all, that's in question now. But if the only difference is that George typesets with microtype and without, it must be part of the answer.

I am also experiencing the same behaviour. A 130-page document typesets in 2 or 3 seconds (I don't know how to find out the exact time) without microtype, while just adding microtype it takes around 3 minutes; so the factor is larger than George's, I think. It seems to take several seconds to typeset some specific pages. I am using a 2.8GHz 27" i7 iMac with 8Gb RAM.

Hence, I would be very interested in following this thread.

JMaF