[OS X TeX] Re: FindContent (Re: How to make locate/spotlight search ...)

Vic Norton vic at norton.name
Thu Aug 12 02:05:20 CEST 2010

Hi Michael,

I've installed your FindContent, but I have the same problem with it that I had Claus Gerhardt's suggestion for locating content in /usr/local with Spotlight. FindContent cannot see /usr/local.

In your readme.txt file you say
   To search for content of all areas indexed by Spotlight (which
   includes /usr/local ...
But that is the rub. My Spotlight (iMac, Mac OSX 10.6.4) has not indexed /usr/local nor do its preferences appear to give me any option to do so.

So my question is this. How do I get Spotlight to index /usr/local on my machine? If I can accomplish this I am sure that I will be able to find "Walter Schmidt" in
   /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/doc/fonts/lucida/readme.lucida

Regards,

Vic