[OS X TeX] Re: microtype

Robert w.m.l at gmx.net
Tue Aug 10 15:10:17 CEST 2010

On 09.08.10 19:06, George Gratzer wrote:
> Problem: my book (about 600 pages) typesets in under 4 secs,
> with microtype about 30 secs.

This sounds unusual. microtype does make typesetting a bit slower, but
I've never encountered such a difference. When I compile the microtype
docs (200+ pages), for instance, it typesets in 11 secs with, and 8 secs
without the microtype package. So something seems to be going wrong in
your case. Could you post your preamble? What does your book consist of
(text, maths, tikz, ...?)

Regards,
--
  Robert