[OS X TeX] microtype

George Gratzer gratzer at me.com
Mon Aug 9 19:06:09 CEST 2010

A  while ago, this group called my attention to the microtype package.
I tried it out on the book I am completing, and I find the result stunning.

Problem: my book (about 600 pages) typesets in under 4 secs,
with microtype about 30 secs.

To get the book ready for printing, I estimate that the last stage consists of
about 1,200 typesettings.

I have a 4 core iMac with four Core i7 processors.
I could get the new one with 8 processors and a solid state disk.

Would these contribute to speeder typesettings with microtype?

GG