Finding the Wiki (was: Re: [OS X TeX] Tex to rtf converter)

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 12:04:11 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Rob Rye <rowenrye at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 6, 2010, at 1:23 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 4:11 PM,  <cfrees at imapmail.org> wrote:
>

>> I never heard about mediawiki extensions working with external sql
>> database but one can create this beyond wiki.
>>
>> Victor
>>
> So far as I know the only extension that allows for some dynamic content to be added from an external mysql database to a mediawiki instance is
>
> sql2wiki (which can be found on the mediawiki extension matrix at mediawiki.org)
>
> I looked into using this extension for a wiki I had installed for internal use in my institution a while back. I chose not to deploy it, so I never did gain any real expertise here. Also, it has never gotten past the beta release status that it had three years ago when I last looked at it so it may be abandon-ware.
>
> Nonetheless, it may be possible to use this extension to query a well-crafted database of LaTeX code snippets that could then be served up as suits the user's needs (or at least their searching skills). Once installed, one would have to think long and hard about how to code the sql query statements, based upon user input, to make it truly searchable via the wiki. Such programming is well beyond my capacity, but I figured I would point to the extension if anyone wanted to take up the challenge.
>
> Rob

Actually there are more

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Asksql (2008-01-31)
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SQL2Wiki (mentioned)
but neither I would like to mess with

Definitely separate from Wiki DB looks like a better bet but 1) It is
a work especially because ' and " may cause incomplete queries (so
actually DB should contain instead SINGLEQUOTE and DOUBLEQUOTE and php
replace_str should take care of this)
2) More important, this is project completely unrelated to MacOSX and
beyond ability TeX-on-Mac community. Victor
Victor