Finding the Wiki (was: Re: [OS X TeX] Tex to rtf converter)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Aug 6 20:41:30 CEST 2010

Am 06.08.2010 um 18:20 schrieb <cfrees at imapmail.org> <cfrees at imapmail.org
 >:

> For example, they'd need to be sorted at least in terms of where they
> belong (package file? preamble? main document? bibtex file?); the
> engine(s) and/or format(s) they need; and purpose. Maybe also by
> package used, at least for major packages. More?

*Commented* source, even heavily commented source. TeX isn't COBOL or
Elisp and only vaguely British. And it needs different indentation
(for me it's really hard to see a connection to TeX in the examples,
the many backslashes could also belong into an MS-DOS BATch file).

And when the code is taken from other persons we need their OK for
(re-)publication. And that of the publications which made them public
first. (Well, in China we wouldn't take care of IP, the intellectual
property.)

The author should be mentioned, the purpose of the code, where it was
used, the date of its creation, the date of possible first publication
and where.

It's probably best to organise the snippets in an SQL database which
should also offer a text search inside the code examples.

--
Greetings

   Pete

There's no place like ~