[OS X TeX] Tex to rtf converter

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 00:10:52 CEST 2010

On Aug 4, 2010, at 5:59 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2010, at 2:42 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> I guess I deserve this.
>
> We all take turns deserving it, if not here than elsewhere :).  The
> smart-questions one is a bit snotty,

???

> but still useful.
>
>> All I can say is that I have tried, several times in fact, but,
>> being terminally terminal-challenged, have only been able to use
>> SimpleTeX4ht on a rather simple document and with only partial
>> results.
>
> Well, now we know that you've tried /something/, but this still
> isn't a specific problem statement [1, 2].  Definitely leave out
> the terminally-challenged part [3]

Easy for you to say. Bit less easy for me to implement.

> , especially since Terminal and TeXShop engines are not the same
> thing; it's not clear which is giving you problems.

You are quite right.

> If it's TeXShop engines, Herb's posts ought to help a lot.

He just did.

> [1] http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#explicit
> [2] http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise
> [3] http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#id382403

"Some people who get that they shouldn't behave rudely or arrogantly,
demanding an answer, retreat to the opposite extreme of grovelling.
“I know I'm just a pathetic newbie loser, but...”. This is
distracting and unhelpful. It's especially annoying when it's coupled
with vagueness about the actual problem."

Sorry I specially annoyed you.

Regards
--schremmer