[OS X TeX] Selecting Textual Part of a Line wo Carriage Return

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Aug 3 01:06:38 CEST 2010

On Aug 2, 2010, at 5:34 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2010, at 6:12 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>

>> Am 02.08.2010 um 23:59 schrieb Ross Moore:
>>
>>> You could just triple click, cut, then type the newline back in.
>>> After pasting elsewhere, backspace out the newline.
>>
>> IMO this *is* the fastest. Usually the cursor after the paste stands right for a backspace or two. If more than one newline was added I press on the trackpad's push-button, keep it pressed and move the cursor with another finger kind of diagonally up and away that the selection just started reaches the end of the text I wanted. Then backspace.
>>

>> Usually I don't spend much time pitying the mouse pushers. (With Mac OS X 10.6, Snow Leopard, you can "add" a wireless so-called Apple Magic Trackpad to the keyboard of an immobile Mac.)
>
> For Pete's sake, I ain't asking for pity, just how to define "option triple-click" in TeXShop.
>
> Bemused regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

Well, here's another thing... assuming you are using the OgreKit Find Panel.

First click at the starting point. Cmf-F and in the find box put

[^\n]*

which means select everything from here up to the next newline. Press return and it should do the correct selection. From then on all you need to do is click at the start of the selection and use Cmd-G to select to the newline. One hand on the mouse and one on the keyboard.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)