[OS X TeX] TL2009 TL2010 and fonts ?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Aug 1 03:18:53 CEST 2010

On Jul 31, 2010, at 5:01 PM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Hi
>
> I installed MacTeX 2010 without problem. By default the distribution Tex ( in prefs system) is
> TeXlive-2010-64 but with this choice I have a problem with the fonts in
> texlive/texmf-local. I can't used these fonts
>
> I don't understand why I always a problem with these fonts in texmf-local.
> I have a problem when I make an update with texlive utility and now with
> the choice of TeXlive-2010
>
> How avoid this kind of problem ?
>
> Best Regards ( sorry for my bad english )
>
> Alain Matthes

Howdy,

When you install MacTeX the map files are NOT rebuilt including all the map files in texmf-local. There are two things you can do: have a script that installs the new map files or build a special map file that does the equivalent when you run `sudo updmap-sys`. I do the former and the script I use is attached: