[OS X TeX] file permissions

Daniel Becker d.becker at jpberlin.de
Fri Apr 30 22:06:10 CEST 2010

On 30.04.2010, at 23:58, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> You mentioned that you might want to update Ghostscript and I thought the one installed by MacTeX would be newer. Only convert from ImageMagick is installed by MacTeX; all other parts would be found in /opt/local/... but that may cause an interference depending upon what those other parts do.

MacTeX installs Ghostscript 8.70 while macports has 8.71, so I thought I'll go for the newer version. With ImageMagick, macports installs 6.6.1-5 (MacTeX: The "convert" utility from ImageMagick 6.5.2) and I thought that I should have use all IM tools from the same version (your last point).

> For what you want, assuming you don't have the MacPorts TeX Distribution, things look fine with your PATH.

That's good, puh. I try to avoid all TeX-things that come with MacPorts.

Thanks - Daniel