[OS X TeX] Re: latex2rtf

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Apr 28 18:04:24 CEST 2010

On Apr 28, 2010, at 10:39 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

>> Why not package them together with instructions on how and where to install them?
>
> Like an i-package? :)

Howdy,

By the way... serious consideration is being given to remove i-Installer from the MacTeX distribution in 2010. The i-packages haven't been updated in a long time and since i-Installer is no longer maintained (and hasn't been for several years---see the disclaimer when you start it up).

It's a decision that will be taken with a heavy heart since i-Installer and its i-packages were the great work by Gerben Wierda with his repackaging of a super-set of teTeX and, later, a subset of TeX Live, that got me into using TeX under Mac OS X.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)