[OS X TeX] Re: latex2rtf

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Apr 28 03:49:58 CEST 2010

On Apr 27, 2010, at 6:30 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2010, at 8:18 PM, Ramón Figueroa-Centeno wrote:
>

>> Aloha,
>>
>> I know remember why I had not posted "Drop LaTeX2RTF" to my website before:
>> there is a better alternative, namely "MacLateX2RTF"
>> <http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/fischerk/LaTeX2rtf/index.html>.
>>
>> Ramón
>
> Howdy,
>

> Ummm... you need to install latex2rtf via Fink to use it.

/That/ would be killing a gnat with a sledgehammer :).  LaTeX2RTF compiles cleanly as a UNIX program on OS X, as long as you can use Terminal and have Xcode installed:

cd /tmp
svn co https://latex2rtf.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/latex2rtf latex2rtf
cd latex2rtf
make && sudo make install

Using latex2rtf development sources is generally very worthwhile, since releases tend to lag development significantly.  Note that you'll need ghostscript installed for PDF graphics inclusion.