[OS X TeX] Bibdesk and the Symbols

Sr Sur igaoss at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 11:44:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

>So, {\AA} would have most probably worked as well.

If I Use {\AA} don't worrk!!! I tried all the possible combinations and the
only way that work is with \r{A}....

>Yes. Either this or U+212B, Å, which is not really distinct from Å at
U+00C5. "nm" or "pm" should also be useful. (100 pm or 0,1 nm are each 1 Å
long. Or short.)

Thanks for the units aclaration. I'll take in account!!. But what does tit
mean U in this context..? letter ..comand....code??

Thanks!!.

Greetings from Barcelona!! more beatiful with the sun!.

bueno a tu no fa falta que t'ho digui, Josep!!

On 21 April 2010 09:53, Josep Maria Font <jmfont at ub.edu> wrote:

> El dia 21/04/2010, a les 00:13, Sr Sur va escriure:
>

>  Any way, I found a way to put it without problems \r{A}...
>> I Think that is a correct symbol to the Angstrom unit, don't you think?
>>

> Right solution if you were wanting the physical unit. However, as a more
> general warning, it may be useful to know that BibTeX (the program that
> makes the bibliography, with data either from BibDesk or from your personal
> data-base) will convert uppercase letters in the title fields to lowercase,
> unless they are surrounded by braces. So, {\AA} would have most probably
> worked as well. This applies, for instance, to person names appearing in the
> title of a paper, etc.
>
> Best,
>

> JMaF

> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/