[OS X TeX] Collection of Macros for TeXShop and BibDesk

Sun Apr 18 21:02:34 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I use TeXShop for almost all my writings, and in order to simplify my
life I've written a bunch of macros for TeXShop. These macros use
AppleScript and other tricks, and I was wondering if they may be useful
for other TeXShop users as well. So I want to share them with you. Here
is a list of these macros:

- Create section headers (with nicely formatted source code) with
TexShop and Applescript

http://jevopi.blogspot.com/2010/03/create-section-headers-with-texshop-and.html
- Increase/Decrease section level with TeXShop macros, source code
formatting is adjusted accordingly

http://jevopi.blogspot.com/2009/07/increasedecrease-section-level-with.html
- Convert text to a (TeXShop) convenient label text, i.e. remove
whitespaces and punctuation characters

http://jevopi.blogspot.com/2010/04/convert-text-to-label-convenient-text.html

If you use BibDesk as well, these macros may also be interesting for you:
- Automatically create BibTeX entry from Safari document with BibDesk
     http://jevopi.blogspot.com/2010/04/create-bibtex-entry-from-safari.html
- BBL to BIB with BibDesk
     http://jevopi.blogspot.com/2010/04/bbl-to-bib-with-bibdesk.html

You will find these macros with documentation at my personal blog (the
blog doesn't contain too much posts, mainly about LaTeX and related things).

Cheers

Jens

P.S.: This is a slightly modified copy of a posting to the TeXShop forum
(http://www.apfelwiki.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2110). Herb Schulz
asked me to send it to this mailing list as well... volià :-)