[OS X TeX] Re: texdoc

David Messerschmitt messer at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Apr 18 21:42:52 CEST 2010

> If you use the standard TeX Live UNIX installer, it won't set your path.  MacTeX will set your path, but upgrading the operating system after installing MacTeX will reset it.

So the important message for those not wishing to mess with these things is to reinstall MacTeX after upgrading the OS.

I also have a relevant feature request for TeXshop. Since texdoc seems quite useful, could we have it available from the TeXshop help menu?
Or is anything having to do with TexLive verboten within TeXshop?

-dave

David Messerschmitt
Roger Strauch Professor Emeritus
Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
University of Californa at Berkeley
    and
Visiting Researcher
SETI Institute