[OS X TeX] Optimal Solution for an asymptotemk engine

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 9 20:04:37 CEST 2010

On 09-04-2010, at 19:48, Berend Hasselman wrote:

> On 09-04-2010, at 19:46, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> Do you have MacTeX(TeX Live)-2009? I didn't run into any problems with any figures in Jean-Claude's file with MacTeX 2009 with all updates.
>>

> Yes. MacTeX 2009.
> I'll do an update now and try again.

I just did.
Same problem: asymptote can't find module geometry_dev.
The relevant messages from the TeXShop console are:

Latexmk: applying rule 'cusdep asy tex asymptote'...
For rule 'cusdep asy tex asymptote', running '&do_cusdep( asy2tex )' ...
error: could not load module 'geometry_dev'
Rule 'cusdep asy tex asymptote', function 'asy2tex'
   failed with return code = 256
Rule 'pdflatex': File changes, etc:
   Changed files, or newly in use since previous run(s):
      'asymptote-1.pdf'
      'asymptote-2.pdf'
      'asymptote-3.pdf'
      'asymptote-4.pdf'