[OS X TeX] Re: FYI: Support for Carbon Emacs package will end

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Thu Apr 8 13:07:23 CEST 2010

Am 08.04.10 12:24 schrieb Leo:
> I have been using extensively and exclusively mac-port Emacs. See this:
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/123095.

Thanks for your hint to this solution. However, I'm afraid this is at
least at present for "hackers only", as the readme says ... it is not a
package that comes complete for simple download and install as we know
it so far. So this looks like a project worth observing.

BTW, other users have recommended <http://emacsformacosx.com/>.

I would like to point out that this is a serious issue for TeX users on
the Mac indeed because Emacs with AUCTeX provides the best teXing
environment by far. I would not use TeX with a different editor, I've
tried a few. I've used Emacs extensively since 2001 on various platforms.

Regards,
Jürgen.