[OS X TeX] Re: gnu fmt, or equivalent, for TeX?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Apr 2 10:42:53 CEST 2010

Am 01.04.2010 um 21:36 schrieb Ramón Figueroa-Centeno:

> When I select the whole (minus some comments) document in the
> TeXShop front
> window then it works. The only quirk I noticed is that it mangles
> things
> like:
>
> %&pdflatex
> % !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
> % !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk
>
> by making them one comment, but that is easily solved by not
> selecting those
> lines.

Too much saving effort... Therefore I prefer manual justification of
selected objects.

> However, when I select a portion AUCTeX chokes and I get errors like:
>
> Applying style hooks...
> Applying style hooks... done
> Sorting environment...
> Removing duplicates...
> Removing duplicates... done
> Applying style hooks...
> Applying style hooks... done
> Formatting buffer 6qkUnoC9.tex ... 0%
> Formatting buffer 6qkUnoC9.tex ... 3%

These are "progress reports!" You can avoid them be redirected emacs'
output with:  > /dev/null 2>&1 – it can be added to UNIXfilterSuffix.

> By the way Emacs comes with OS X, but one needs to install AUCTeX
> for this
> to work:
>
> 1. Download it from
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/download-for-macosx.html>.
> 2. Decompress it and go to the directory you created in the Terminal.

Or in GNU Emacs' *shell* buffer, which behaves faster than Apple's
Terminal.

--
Greetings

   Pete