[OS X TeX] spell check

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Sep 30 17:24:33 CEST 2009

On 30 Sep 2009, at 3:21:13PM, Doris Wagner wrote:
> as I understand, there comes no extra latex-spell-checker with
> texshop; so, _if_ I don't install something special and don't want
> to use excalibur, but want to use the standard built-in OS X spell
> checker, I have to make it >>learn<< all the latex commands by
> clicking on
>
> edit-->show spelling and grammar-->learn
>
> right?

I use cocoaspell, which knows about LaTeX: see here: http://cocoaspell.leuski.net/

Even though it has not been updated for a while, it works fine for me.

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin           Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science  Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University          Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath         WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK       VOIP:  sip:17476235487 at proxy01.sipphone.com